Easter 2022 – Tour 8 days
Marrakech, Dadès, Merzouga Desert, Ouarzazate, Marrakech
- 15/04/2022: Marrakech
- Arrival at the airport and escort with the driver/guide to your riad. Free day available. Free dinner. Overnight in the riad.
- 16/04/2022: Marrakech
- One of the major cities of Morocco, Marrakech is the most important of the four Imperial Cities and is located at the foot of the Atlas Mountains. After breakfast departure with the official guide and the driver for the discovery of the city also known as "Pearl of the South" and "Red or Ochre City" for the red walls that surround it and for the various buildings of this colour built in the same period using red stones and sand. Visit to the Bahia Palace, El Badi Palace, the Saadien Tombs, the ancient Koranic school of Ben Youssef, the Mosque and the Koutoubia Minaret. Short stop for lunch and a mint tea in one of the terraces overlooking the Jemaa el-Fna square, continuation to the Mosque and the Koutoubia Minaret, the Majorelle Gardens with the possibility to visit the new museum just opened, dedicated to Yves Saint Laurent. Return in the afternoon to your riad/hotel. Free dinner. Overnight in the riad.
- 17/04/2022: Marrakech – Ait-Ben-Haddou – Dadès
- After breakfast, departure from the riad in Marrakech passing through the mountains of the Great Atlas until arriving at Tizi n'Tichka at an altitude of 2,260 m (the highest mountain pass in the Atlas). We will then continue south to arrive at the Kasbah of Ait-Ben-Haddou declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco, where we will make a short visit. The journey will continue towards the Dades Valley, crossing the Valley of Roses, famous for the cultivation of the Damask rose from which the essence is extracted for the production of many cosmetics. We will visit the Dades Gorges. Dinner and overnight in the riad.
- 18/04/2022: Dadès – Gole del Todra – Erfoud – Merzouga
- After breakfast, departure from the Dades Valley and continuation to the Todra Gorges. We will then continue towards the city of Erfoud located at the gates of the desert, also called the city of fossils, due to the territory rich in fossil stones. Arrival in the afternoon in the village of Merzouga. Dinner and overnight in the riad.
- 19/04/2022: Merzouga – Erg Chebbi – Merzouga
- In the morning departure from the village of Merzouga to discover the dunes of Erg Chebbi where you can see and photograph unique landscapes, on the way we will make a short visit to the nomadic families who live in the area in the middle of nowhere. Short visit to the Mifiss mines. Continue to the village of Khamlia inhabited by black populations originating from Mali, Senegal and Mauritania where you will be able to attend a concert of gnawa music and where we will stop for lunch to taste the Berber pizza (not included in the price). Before sunset departure by camel to reach the Berber tents also called "Haima" where dinner will be served under the stars and where you will listen to traditional Berber music played with percussion. Dinner and overnight at the superior category tented camp.
- 20/04/2022: Merzouga – Rissani - Valle del Draa – Ouarzazate
- Wake up at dawn to watch the sun rise in the middle of the dunes, breakfast at the tented camp and return on the back of a dromedary, where, after a short stop, we will leave in the direction of Rissani, where you can visit the famous and lively market . Continuation in the direction of Ouarzazate crossing the Draa Valley, rich in palm groves and Berber villages, arriving in Ouarzazate in the afternoon. In the vicinity of the town are the Atlas Film Corporation Studios, the Cinecittà of Morocco, where several films set in the desert were and are still shot. Visit to the Atlas Studios free. Dinner and overnight in the riad.
- 21/04/2022: Ouarzazate – Grande Atlas – Marrakech
- After breakfast, departure for the visit of Ouarzazate, located in the Dadès valley, which expanded in the 1920s by the French as a military and administrative center. Towards the outskirts of Ouarzazate, in the direction of Tinerhir, we will visit the kasbah of Taourirt, inhabited until shortly after the thirties and today a tourist complex transformed into a museum. Departure in the direction of Marrakech crossing again the mountains of the Great Atlas for the return in the evening to Marrakech. Free dinner. Overnight in the riad.
- 22/04/2022: Marrakech
- Accompaniment to the airport of Marrakech for the return to your country and end of our service.
- pick-up at your hotel/riad
- transport by minibus depending on the number of people with air conditioning
- guide-driver of great experience speaking Spanish, English, Italian
- fuel, tolls and associated taxes
- overnight stays and breakfast at riads/hotels
- half board treatment as scheduled
- guided visits to Marrakech
- excursion in dromedary
- airline tickets
- dinners in Marrakech
- entrance tickets to historical monuments
- optional health insurance (recommended)
- everything not expressly indicated
All our tours are private and customizable according to your needs, please contact us if the proposed itinerary does not meet your needs and we will build together a tailor-made trip for you.