Excursion to Ouarzazate and Ait-Ben-Haddou
- Excursion to Ouarzazate and Ait-Ben-Haddou
- After breakfast departure with the driver for the challenging excursion in which you cross the Big Atlas along an impressive mountain road that winds through various Berber villages until you reach the Tizi n'Tichka at an altitude of 2,260 m (the mountain pass highest in the Atlas). Stop for free lunch. You will then go south through a semi-desert and barren landscape until you reach the kasbah of Ait-Ben-Haddou declared World Heritage Site by Unesco and where famous films were filmed as "Lawrence of Arabia", "Jesus of Nazareth "," The Gladiator "," The Tea in the desert "," The jewel of the Nile ". This beautiful fortified city is located along the trade route that caravans traveled through the Sahara desert from Sudan to Marrakech. Ait-Ben-Haddou was built on a hill, so as to dominate the valley, along the banks of the river Ounila, at the foot of the Atlas Mountains and about 30 km from Ourzazate. It will then continue until you get to Ouarzazate, located in the Dades valley, expanded in the twenties by the French as a military and administrative center. Near the town there are Atlas Film Corporation Studios, the “Cinecittà” of Morocco, where several films set in the desert were and are still being shot. Visit freely the Studios. Towards the outskirts of Ouarzazate, in the direction of Tinerhir, there is the kourbah of Taourirt, inhabited until just after the thirties and today a tourist complex turned into a museum. Return in the evening to Marrakech.
- pick-up at your hotel/riad
- transport by car, Toyota Land Cruiser 4x4 or minibus depending on the number of people with air conditioning
- guide-driver of great experience speaking Spanish, English, Italian
- fuel, tolls and associated taxes
- water throughout the tour
- airline tickets
- entrance tickets to historical monuments
All our tours are private and customizable according to your needs, please contact us if the proposed itinerary does not meet your needs and we will build together a tailor-made trip for you.