Excursion to Meknes
- Excursion to Meknes
- After breakfast, departure with the driver for Meknes, the most recent and modest of the four Imperial Cities, it was the capital of Morocco under the reign of Moulay Ismail inb Sharif. Its name derives from a Berber tribe, called Miknasa, in Arabian medieval sources. It is also known as the Versailles of Morocco or the city with a hundred minarets. In addition to the souks, not as big as those of Fès or Marrakech but equally interesting and lively, this city is full of beautiful buildings, beautiful gardens, houses with balconies of the Jewish quarter, narrow streets of the old mellah. You can also visit el-Hedim Square, the Dar Jamai Museum, the Bab Mansour Gate, the Medersa Bou Inania, the Mausoleum of Moulay Ismail and the Dar el Ma complex. Return in the evening to Fès.
- pick-up at your hotel/riad
- transport by car, Toyota Land Cruiser 4x4 or minibus depending on the number of people with air conditioning
- guide-driver of great experience speaking Spanish, English, Italian
- fuel, tolls and associated taxes
- water throughout the tour
- airline tickets
- entrance tickets to historical monuments
All our tours are private and customizable according to your needs, please contact us if the proposed itinerary does not meet your needs and we will build together a tailor-made trip for you.