Tour 6 days
Casablanca, Fès, Merzouga Desert, Ouarzazate, Marrakech, Casablanca
- Day 1: Casablanca - Fès
- After breakfast departure with the driver/guide from your riad/hotel in Casablanca in the direction of Fès. Free day available. Dinner and overnight in riad/hotel.
- Day 2: Fès
- Fès is considered the true stronghold of the culture and identity of Morocco, located in the bottom of a fertile valley about 350 m above sea level. The old city, with its markets and mosques, is considered one of the most attractive centres of the entire Islamic world. Among the major cities of Morocco, Fès is the oldest of the four Imperial Cities and owes this prestige to its secular political prevalence and the importance of its ancient university on culture and art. After breakfast, departure with the official guide and the driver for the discovery of the city, Fès is divided into New Town, that is the imperial city built starting from 1200 where there are the station, the Royal Palace and the Jewish quarter, the Old Town or Medina, the oldest walled part of Fès, a real labyrinth of narrow streets with markets of all kinds and the Ville Nouvelle, the area where there are restaurants, bars, cafes and bookshops. We will visit the Madrasa Bou Inania, the Al Karaouine Mosque (closed to non-Muslims), the Medersa Attarine, the Najjarine square famous for its magnificent fountain decorated with mosaics, the Mausoleum of Moulay Idriss and the tombs of the Merenids, We will then reach the famous tanneries in Fès and visit a pottery factory. Return in the afternoon. Dinner and overnight in riad/hotel.
- Day 3: Fès – Ifrane – Ziz Valley – Merzouga
- After breakfast departure with the driver/guide from your riad/hotel in Fès in the direction of Merzouga passing through Azrou where you can see the Barbary apes inhabiting the lush forests of cedars and oaks, then continue to Ifrane, nicknamed the "Little Switzerland "is located at over 1700 m altitude and will cross the Ziz Valley. Arrival in the afternoon in the village of Merzouga for a brief stop in the riad/hotel. Before sunset, departure by dromedary to reach the Berber tents also called "Haima" where dinner will be served under the stars and where you will listen to the traditional Berber music played with the percussion. Overnight at the tented camp.
- Day 4: Merzouga – Rissani – Dadès - Draa Valley – Ouarzazate
- Wake up at dawn to witness the sunrise in the middle of the dunes, return by dromedary to the riad where breakfast will be served and you can take a hot shower. After a short stop, departure in the direction of Rissani, where you can visit the famous and lively market. Continue to Dades Valley, crossing the Valley of Roses, famous for the cultivation of damask rose from which the essence is extracted for the production of many cosmetics. We will visit the Gorges of Dades. The journey will continue in the direction of Ouarzazate, located in the Dades Valley, expanded in the twenties by the French as a military and administrative centre. Near the town are the Atlas Film Corporation Studios, the “Cinecittà” of Morocco, where several films were shot and set in the desert in the direction of Ouarzazate through the Draa Valley, rich in palm groves and Berber villages, arrival in Ouarzazate in the afternoon . Visit to the free Atlas Studios. Dinner and overnight in riad/hotel.
- Day 5: Ouarzazate - Ait-Ben-Haddou - Marrakech
- After breakfast, head north towards Marrakech passing through the Ait-Ben-Haddou kasbah declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco, where you will make a short visit and then continue your journey through the mountains of the Grande Atlas until you reach the Tizi n'Tichka at 2,260 m (the highest mountain pass in the Atlas). Arrival in the evening in Marrakech. Free dinner. Overnight in riad/hotel.
- Day 6: Marrakech – Casablanca
- After breakfast departure from Marrakech towards Casablanca, the economic capital of Morocco where most of the country's foreign trade is managed. The city is located along the west coast and resembles a centre of southern Europe. It was built in 1906 where a 7th century Berber town once stood, destroyed by an earthquake in the second half of the 18th century. Outside the medina is the built city of the French, the Nouvelle Ville, full of gardens and avenues, shopping centres, hotels, banks and shops. The most important building to visit is the Mosque of Assan II, the largest after that of Medina and Mecca. Arrival at your riad/hotel and end of our service.
- pick-up at your hotel/riad
- transport by car, Toyota Land Cruiser 4x4 or minibus depending on the number of people with air conditioning
- guide-driver of great experience speaking Spanish, English, Italian
- fuel, tolls and associated taxes
- half board treatment as scheduled
- excursion in dromedary
- airline tickets
- entrance tickets to historical monuments
All our tours are private and customizable according to your needs, please contact us if the proposed itinerary does not meet your needs and we will build together a tailor-made trip for you.