Tour 7 days
Fès, Meknes, Midelt, Merzouga Desert, Dadès, Marrakech
- Day 1: Fès
- Fès is considered the true stronghold of the culture and identity of Morocco, located in the bottom of a fertile valley about 350 m above sea level. The old city, with its markets and mosques, is considered one of the most attractive centres of the entire Islamic world. Among the major cities of Morocco, Fès is the oldest of the four Imperial Cities and owes this prestige to its secular political prevalence and the importance of its ancient university on culture and art. After breakfast departure with the official guide and the driver for the discovery of the city, Fès is divided into New Town, ie the imperial city built starting from 1200 where are the station, the Royal Palace and the Jewish quarter, the Old Town or Medina, the oldest walled part of Fès, a real labyrinth of narrow streets with markets of all kinds and the Ville Nouvelle, the area where you will find restaurants, bars, cafes and bookshops. We will visit the Madrasa Bou Inania, the Al Karaouine Mosque (closed to non-Muslims), the Medersa Attarine, the Najjarine square famous for its magnificent fountain decorated with mosaics, the Mausoleum of Moulay Idriss and the tombs of the Merenids, We will then reach the famous tanneries in Fès and visit a pottery factory. Return in the afternoon. Dinner and overnight in riad/hotel.
- Day 2: Fès – Meknes – Midelt
- After breakfast, departure with the driver for Meknes, the most recent and modest of the four Imperial Cities, was the capital of Morocco under the reign of Moulay Ismail inb Sharif. It is also known as the Versailles of Morocco or a city with a hundred minarets. In addition to the souks, not as big as those of Fès or Marrakech but equally interesting and lively, this city is full of beautiful buildings, beautiful gardens, houses with balconies of the Jewish quarter, narrow streets of the old mellah. You can also visit el-Hedim Square, the Dar Jamai Museum, the Bab Mansour Gate, the Medersa Bou Inania, the Mausoleum of Moulay Ismail and the Dar el Ma complex. Departure in the afternoon in the direction of Midelt through the Atlas mountains where you will see the cedar forests. Dinner and overnight in riad/hotel.
- Day 3: Midelt – Ziz Valley - Erfoud – Merzouga
- After breakfast departure from Midelt in the direction of Merzouga passing through Errachidia and the Ziz Valley rich in palm groves and Berber villages, arrival in Erfoud located at the gates of the desert, also called the city of fossils, for the territory rich in fossil stones. Arrival in the afternoon in the village of Merzouga. Dinner and overnight in riad/hotel.
- Day 4: Merzouga – Erg Chebbi – Merzouga
- After breakfast departure from the village of Merzouga to discover the dunes of Erg Chebbi where you will be able to see and photograph unique landscapes, during the road a short visit will be made to the nomadic families who live in the area in the middle of nowhere. Continue to the Village of Khamlia inhabited by black populations originating from Mali, Senegal and Mauritania where you can attend a concert of gnawa music. Short visit to the Mifiss mines and return to the riad/hotel in Merzouga. Before sunset, departure by dromedary to reach the Berber tents also called "Haima" where dinner will be served under the stars and where you will listen to the traditional Berber music played with the percussion. Overnight at the tented camp.
- Day 5: Merzouga - Gorges of the Todra – Dadès
- Wake up at dawn to witness the sunrise in the middle of the dunes, return by dromedary to the riad where breakfast will be served and you can take a hot shower. After a short stop, departure towards the Gorges of the Todra and a short visit to the Dadès Valley. Dinner and overnight in riad/hotel.
- Day 6: Dadès – Ouarzazate - Ait-Ben-Haddou - Marrakech
- After breakfast we leave for the Dadès Valley, crossing the Valley of Roses, famous for the cultivation of damask rose from which the essence is extracted for the production of many cosmetics. We will visit the Gorges of Dades. The journey will continue in the direction of Ouarzazate, located in the Dades Valley, expanded in the twenties by the French as a military and administrative center. Near the town are Atlas Film Corporation Studios, the Cinecittà of Morocco, where several films set in the desert were and are still being shot. We will then continue north towards Marrakech passing through the kasbah of Ait-Ben-Haddou declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco, where we will make a short visit and then continue the journey through the mountains of the Grande Atlas up to the Tizi. n'Tichka at an altitude of 2,260 m (the highest mountain pass in the Atlas). Arrival in the evening in Marrakech. Free dinner. Overnight in riad/hotel.
- Day 7: Marrakech
- Among the major cities of Morocco, Marrakech is the most important of the four Imperial Cities and is located at the foot of the Atlas Mountains. After breakfast departure with the official guide and the driver for the discovery of the city also called "Pearl of the South" and "Red or Ochre City" for the red walls that surround it and for the various buildings of this color built in the same period using red stones and sand. Visit to the Bahia Palace, El Badi Palace, the Saadien Tombs, the ancient Koranic school of Ben Youssef, the Menara Gardens, the Mosque and the Koutoubia Minaret. Short stop for lunch and a mint tea in one of the terraces overlooking the Jemaa el-Fna square, continuation to the Mosque and the Koutoubia Minaret, the Majorelle Gardens with the possibility to visit the new museum just opened dedicated to Yves Saint Laurent. Return in the afternoon to your riad/hotel and end of our service.
- pick-up at your hotel/riad
- transport by car, Toyota Land Cruiser 4x4 or minibus depending on the number of people with air conditioning
- guide-driver of great experience speaking Spanish, English, Italian
- fuel, tolls and associated taxes
- half board treatment as scheduled
- excursion in dromedary
- airline tickets
- entrance tickets to historical monuments
All our tours are private and customizable according to your needs, please contact us if the proposed itinerary does not meet your needs and we will build together a tailor-made trip for you.