Tour 8 days
Marrakech, Dadès, Merzouga Desert, Ouarzazate, Marrakech
- Day 1: Marrakech
- Arrival at the airport and escort with the driver/guide to your riad/hotel. Free day available. Free dinner. Overnight in riad/hotel.
- Day 2: Marrakech
- One of the major cities of Morocco, Marrakech is the most important of the four Imperial Cities and is located at the foot of the Atlas Mountains. After breakfast departure with the official guide and the driver for the discovery of the city also known as "Pearl of the South" and "Red or Ochre City" for the red walls that surround it and for the various buildings of this colour built in the same period using red stones and sand. Visit to the Bahia Palace, El Badi Palace, the Saadien Tombs, the ancient Koranic school of Ben Youssef, the Menara Gardens, the Mosque and the Koutoubia Minaret. Short stop for lunch and a mint tea in one of the terraces overlooking the Jemaa el-Fna square, continuation to the Mosque and the Koutoubia Minaret, the Majorelle Gardens with the possibility to visit the new museum just opened, dedicated to Yves Saint Laurent. Return in the afternoon to your riad/hotel. Free dinner. Overnight in riad/hotel.
- Day 3: Marrakech – Ait-Ben-Haddou – Ouarzazate – Dadès
- After breakfast departure with the driver/guide from your riad/hotel in Marrakech passing through the mountains of the Grande Atlas up to the Tizi n'Tichka at an altitude of 2,260 m (the highest mountain pass of the Atlas). You will then continue south to get to the kasbah of Ait-Ben-Haddou declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco, where you will make a short visit. The journey will continue in the direction of Ouarzazate, located in the Dades Valley, expanded in the twenties by the French as a military and administrative centre. Near the town are Atlas Film Corporation Studios, the “Cinecittà” of Morocco, where several films set in the desert were and are still being shot. The journey will continue to the Dadès Valley through the Valley of Roses, famous for the cultivation of damask rose from which the essence is extracted for the production of many cosmetics. We will visit the Gorges of Dades. Dinner and overnight in riad/hotel.
- Day 4: Dadès – Gorges of the Todra – Erfoud – Merzouga
- After breakfast departure from the Dadès Valley and continuation towards the Gorges of the Todra.. We will continue towards the city of Erfoud located at the gates of the desert, also called the city of fossils, for the territory rich in fossil stones. Arrival in the afternoon in the village of Merzouga. Dinner and overnight in riad/hotel.
- Day 5: Merzouga – Erg Chebbi – Merzouga
- After breakfast departure from the village of Merzouga to discover the dunes of Erg Chebbi where you will be able to see and photograph unique landscapes, during the road a short visit will be made to the nomadic families who live in the area in the middle of nowhere. Continue to the Village of Khamlia inhabited by black populations originating from Mali, Senegal and Mauritania where you can attend a concert of gnawa music. Short visit to the Mifiss mines and return to the riad/hotel in Merzouga. Before sunset, departure by dromedary to reach the Berber tents also called "Haima" where dinner will be served under the stars and where you will listen to the traditional Berber music played with the percussion. Overnight at the tented camp.
- Day 6: Merzouga – Rissani - Draa Valley – Ouarzazate
- Walk at dawn to witness the sunrise in the middle of the dunes, return by dromedary to the raid where breakfast will be served and you can take a hot shower. After a short stop, departure in the direction of Rissani, where you can visit the famous and lively market. Continue in the direction of Ouarzazate crossing the Draa Valley, rich in palm groves and Berber villages, arrival in Ouarzazate in the afternoon. Visit to the free Atlas Studios. Dinner and overnight in riad/hotel.
- Day 7: Ouarzazate – Grande Atlas – Marrakech
- After breakfast departure for the visit of Ouarzazate, located in the Dades Valley, expanded in the twenties by the French as a military and administrative centre. Towards the outskirts of Ouarzazate, in the direction of Tinerhir, you will visit the kourbah of Taourirt, inhabited until just after the thirties and today a tourist complex turned into a museum. Departure in the direction of Marrakech crossing again the mountains of the Big Atlas for the return in the evening in Marrakech. Free dinner. Overnight in riad/hotel.
- Day 8: Marrakech
- Accompaniment from the driver to the airport for the return to your country and the end of our service.
- pick-up at your hotel/riad
- transport by car, Toyota Land Cruiser 4x4 or minibus depending on the number of people with air conditioning
- guide-driver of great experience speaking Spanish, English, Italian
- fuel, tolls and associated taxes
- half board treatment as scheduled
- excursion in dromedary
- airline tickets
- entrance tickets to historical monuments
All our tours are private and customizable according to your needs, please contact us if the proposed itinerary does not meet your needs and we will build together a tailor-made trip for you.