Tour 6 days
Tangier, Chefchaouen, Midelt, Merzouga Desert, Fès, Tangier
- Day 1: Tangier – Chefchaouen
- Arrival at the port or airport of Tangier, meeting and departure with the driver/guide in the direction of Chefchaouen crossing the Rif mountains and the city of Tetouan. Arrival in Chefchaouen for a short visit. Chefchaouen is called the "Blue Pearl" because all buildings, doors, windows, fountains and streets are painted in different shades of blue. The city was considered sacred for centuries and it was even forbidden to enter foreigners. Only recently, in the '50s, things have changed and the city has become a tourist destination that few people know. The medina is a maze of narrow streets and coloured blue and the reason is purely religious and not aesthetic. Inhabited by Berber peoples, it was founded by Spaniards who came from Andalusia, which is why the ancient part of the city resembles the Andalusian villages with narrow streets and walls full of flowers. Most of its inhabitants still speak Spanish today. In the centre of the old city you will see the Outa-el-Hammam Square where the Tarik-Ben-Ziad Mosque is located, which hides an octagonal-inspired minaret inspired by the Torre de Oro in Seville and a splendid fortress. The new city is built further down. Free dinner. Overnight in riad/hotel.
- Day 2: Chefchaouen – Meknes - Midelt
- After breakfast, departure with the driver for Meknes, the most recent and modest of the four Imperial Cities, was the capital of Morocco under the reign of Moulay Ismail inb Sharif. It is also known as the Versailles of Morocco or a city with a hundred minarets. In addition to the souks, not as big as those of Fès or Marrakech but equally interesting and lively, this city is full of beautiful buildings, beautiful gardens, houses with balconies of the Jewish quarter, narrow streets of the old mellah. You can also visit el-Hedim Square, the Dar Jamai Museum, the Bab Mansour Gate, the Medersa Bou Inania, the Mausoleum of Moulay Ismail and the Dar el Ma complex. Departure in the afternoon in the direction of Midelt through the Atlas mountains where you will see the cedar forests. Dinner and overnight in riad/hotel.
- Day 3: Midelt – Ziz Valley - Erfoud – Merzouga
- After breakfast departure from Midelt in the direction of Merzouga passing through Errachidia and the Ziz Valley rich in palm groves and Berber villages, arrival in Erfoud located at the gates of the desert, also called the city of fossils, for the territory rich in fossil stones. Arrival in the afternoon in the village of Merzouga. Dinner and overnight in riad/hotel.
- Day 4: Merzouga – Erg Chebbi – Merzouga
- After breakfast departure from the village of Merzouga to discover the dunes of Erg Chebbi where you will be able to see and photograph unique landscapes, during the road a short visit will be made to the nomadic families who live in the area in the middle of nowhere. Continue to the Village of Khamlia inhabited by black populations originating from Mali, Senegal and Mauritania where you can attend a concert of gnawa music. Short visit to the Mifiss mines and return to the riad/hotel in Merzouga. Before sunset, departure by dromedary to reach the Berber tents also called "Haima" where dinner will be served under the stars and where you will listen to the traditional Berber music played with the percussion. Overnight at the tented camp.
- Day 5: Merzouga - Fès
- Wake up at dawn to witness the sunrise in the middle of the dunes, return by dromedary to the riad where breakfast will be served and you can take a hot shower. After a short stop in the direction of Fès crossing the Ziz Valley, we will then proceed to Azrou where you will see the monkeys Barbary apes who live in the lush forests of cedars and oaks. Dinner and overnight in riad/hotel.
- Day 6: Fès – Tangier
- After breakfast departure from Fès towards Tangier and end of our service.
- pick-up at your hotel/riad
- transport by car, Toyota Land Cruiser 4x4 or minibus depending on the number of people with air conditioning
- guide-driver of great experience speaking Spanish, English, Italian
- fuel, tolls and associated taxes
- half board treatment as scheduled
- excursion in dromedary
- airline tickets
- entrance tickets to historical monuments
All our tours are private and customizable according to your needs, please contact us if the proposed itinerary does not meet your needs and we will build together a tailor-made trip for you.