New Year 2023 in Morocco
- 30/12/2022: Marrakech
- Arrival at the airport and escort with the driver/guide to your riad. Free day available. Free dinner. Overnight in the riad.
- 31/12/2022: Marrakech
- One of the major cities of Morocco, Marrakech is the most important of the four Imperial Cities and is located at the foot of the Atlas Mountains. After breakfast departure with the official guide and the driver for the discovery of the city also known as "Pearl of the South" and "Red or Ochre City" for the red walls that surround it and for the various buildings of this colour built in the same period using red stones and sand. Visit to the Bahia Palace, El Badi Palace, the Saadien Tombs, the ancient Koranic school of Ben Youssef, the Menara Gardens, the Mosque and the Koutoubia Minaret. Short stop for lunch and a mint tea in one of the terraces overlooking the Jemaa el-Fna square, continuation to the Mosque and the Koutoubia Minaret, the Majorelle Gardens with the possibility to visit the new museum just opened, dedicated to Yves Saint Laurent. Return in the afternoon to your riad/hotel. Free dinner. Overnight in the riad.
- 01/01/2023: Marrakech – Casablanca – Rabat
- After breakfast departure in the direction of Casablanca. the economic capital of Morocco where most of the country's foreign trade is managed. The city is located along the west coast and resembles a center of southern Europe. It was built in 1906 on the site of a 7th century Berber city, destroyed by an earthquake in the second half of the 18th century. Outside the medina is the French built city, the Nouvelle Ville, full of gardens and avenues, shopping centers, hotels, banks and shops. The most important building to visit is the Assan II Mosque, the largest after that of Medina and Mecca. We will then continue to Rabat which is the capital of Morocco and is a modern city overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. In addition to being the seat of the government, it is the main center of Moroccan cuisine and architecture. After Casablanca, Rabat is the largest city in the country. The medina is picturesque and characterized by narrow and cobbled alleys, art galleries and local craft shops. We recommend for a short visit the Hassan Tower, a minaret that was once part of the mosque of the same name which must have been the highest in the world and instead was never finished because it was destroyed in 1755 following a strong earthquake that had the epicenter in Lisbon. Today the bases of the columns remain of the mosque. The isolated minaret is 44 m high and recalls the famous tower of the Giralda of Seville. Opposite is the Mausoleum of Mohammed V which houses the remains of the king of Morocco and his two sons, King Hassan II and Prince Abdullah. Arrival in Rabat in the afternoon. Free dinner. Overnight at hotel.
- 02/01/2023: Rabat - Chefchaouen
- In the morning departure from Rabat with arrival in the afternoon in Chefchaouen, the city is defined as the "Blue Pearl" because all the buildings, doors, windows, fountains and streets are painted in different shades of blue. The city was considered sacred for centuries and even foreigners were forbidden to enter. Only recently, in the 1950s, things have changed and the city has become a tourist destination that few people still know. The medina is a maze of narrow, blue-colored alleys and the motif is purely religious and not aesthetic. Inhabited by Berber peoples, it was founded by Spaniards who came from Andalusia, which is why the old part of the city resembles Andalusian villages with its narrow streets and walls full of flowers. Most of its inhabitants still speak Spanish today. In the center of the old city you will see the Outa-el-Hammam Square where the Tarik-Ben-Ziad mosque is located which hides an octagonal-based minaret inspired by the Torre de Oro in Seville and a splendid fortress. The new city is built lower. Free dinner. Overnight in the riad.
- 03/01/2023: Chefchaouen – Volubilis – Meknes - Fez
- After breakfast, departure for Volubilis, the best-known Roman archaeological site in Morocco and included in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites, a short visit at your disposal. We will then continue to Meknes, again for a short visit, the most recent and modest of the four Imperial Cities, it was the capital of Morocco under the reign of Moulay Ismail inb Sharif. Its name derives from a Berber tribe, called Miknasa, in medieval Arab sources. It is also known as the Versailles of Morocco or the city of a hundred minarets. In addition to the souks, not as large as those of Fès or Marrakech but equally interesting and lively, this city is full of beautiful palaces, stupendous gardens, houses with balconies of the Jewish quarter, narrow alleys of the old mellah. We will then continue to Fès arriving in the evening. Free dinner. Overnight in the riad.
- 04/01/2023: Fez
- Fès is considered the true stronghold of the culture and identity of Morocco, located in the bottom of a fertile valley about 350 m above sea level. The old city, with its markets and mosques, is considered one of the most attractive centres of the entire Islamic world. Among the major cities of Morocco, Fès is the oldest of the four Imperial Cities and owes this prestige to its secular political prevalence and the importance of its ancient university on culture and art. After breakfast departure with the official guide and the driver for the discovery of the city, Fès is divided into New Town, ie the imperial city built starting from 1200 where are the station, the Royal Palace and the Jewish quarter, the Old Town or Medina, the oldest walled part of Fès, a real labyrinth of narrow streets with markets of all kinds and the Ville Nouvelle, the area where you will find restaurants, bars, cafes and bookshops. We will visit the Madrasa Bou Inania, the Al Karaouine Mosque (closed to non-Muslims), the Medersa Attarine, the Najjarine square famous for its magnificent fountain decorated with mosaics, the Mausoleum of Moulay Idriss and the tombs of the Merenids, We will then reach the famous tanneries in Fès and visit a pottery factory. Return in the afternoon. Free dinner. Overnight in the riad.
- 05/01/2023: Fez – Ifrane – Valle dello Ziz – Merzouga
- After breakfast departure from Fès in the direction of Merzouga passing through Azrou where you can see the Bertucce monkeys that inhabit the lush cedar and oak forests, then continue to Ifrane, nicknamed the "Little Switzerland" and located at over 1700 m altitude and we will cross the Ziz Valley. Arrival in the late afternoon in the village of Merzouga. Dinner and overnight in the riad.
- 06/01/2023: Merzouga – Erg Chebbi – Merzouga
- In the morning departure from the village of Merzouga to discover the dunes of Erg Chebbi where you can see and photograph unique landscapes, on the way we will make a short visit to the nomadic families who live in the area in the middle of nowhere. Short visit to the Mifiss mines. Continue to the village of Khamlia inhabited by black populations originating from Mali, Senegal and Mauritania where you will be able to attend a concert of gnawa music and where we will stop for lunch to taste the Berber pizza (not included in the price). Before sunset departure by camel to reach the Berber tents also called "Haima" where dinner will be served under the stars and where you will listen to traditional Berber music played with percussion. Dinner and overnight at the superior category tented camp.
- 07/01/2023: Merzouga – Erfoud – Gole del Todra – Dadès
- Wake up at dawn to watch the sun rise in the middle of the dunes, breakfast at the tented camp and return by jeep to the village of Merzouga After a short stop, departure in the direction of Erfoud located at the gates of the desert, also called the city of fossils, due to the area rich in fossil stones. The journey will continue towards the Todra Gorges to arrive at the Dadès Valley. Arrival in Dadès in the evening. Dinner and overnight in the riad.
- 08/01/2023: Dadès – Ouarzazate - Ait-Ben-Haddou - Marrakech
- After breakfast, departure for the Dadès Valley, crossing the Valley of Roses, famous for the cultivation of the Damask rose from which the essence for the production of many cosmetics is extracted. We will visit the Dades Gorges. The journey will continue towards Ouarzazate, located in the Dadès valley, which expanded in the 1920s by the French as a military and administrative center. In the vicinity of the town are the Atlas Film Corporation Studios, the Cinecittà of Morocco, where various films set in the desert were and are still shot. We will then continue north towards Marrakech passing through the kasbah of Ait-Ben-Haddou declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco, where we will make a short visit and then continue the journey through the mountains of the Great Atlas up to the Tizi n'Tichka at an altitude of 2,260 m (the highest mountain pass in the Atlas). Arrival in the evening in Marrakech. Free dinner. Overnight in the riad.
- 09/01/2023: Marrakech
- Accompaniment to the airport of Marrakech for the return to your country and end of our service.
- pick-up at your hotel/riad
- transport by minibus depending on the number of people with air conditioning
- guide-driver of great experience speaking Spanish, English, Italian
- fuel, tolls and associated taxes
- overnight stays and breakfast at riads/hotels
- half board treatment as scheduled
- guided visits to Marrakech and Fez
- excursion in dromedary
- airline tickets
- dinners in Marrakech, Rabat, Chefchaouen, Fez
- entrance tickets to historical monuments
- optional health insurance (recommended)
- everything not expressly indicated
All our tours are private and customizable according to your needs, please contact us if the proposed itinerary does not meet your needs and we will build together a tailor-made trip for you.