New Year’s Tour 2020
New Year's Morocco 8 days Tour 2020 in Marrakech, Dadès, Merzouga Desert, Fès - Morocco. Discover the best of Marocco and live the desert with Travel Morocco Tour guide, speaking Spanish, English, Italian. Tours and excursions in Morocco.
- 27/12/2019: Marrakech
- Arrival at the airport and escort with the driver/guide to your riad/hotel. Free day available. Free dinner. Overnight in riad.
- 28/12/2019: Marrakech
- One of the major cities of Morocco, Marrakech is the most important of the four Imperial Cities and is located at the foot of the Atlas Mountains. After breakfast departure with the official guide and the driver for the discovery of the city also known as "Pearl of the South" and "Red or Ochre City" for the red walls that surround it and for the various buildings of this colour built in the same period using red stones and sand. Visit to the Bahia Palace, El Badi Palace, the Saadien Tombs, the ancient Koranic school of Ben Youssef, the Menara Gardens, the Mosque and the Koutoubia Minaret. Short stop for lunch and a mint tea in one of the terraces overlooking the Jemaa el-Fna square, continuation to the Mosque and the Koutoubia Minaret, the Majorelle Gardens with the possibility to visit the new museum just opened, dedicated to Yves Saint Laurent. Return in the afternoon to your riad/hotel. Free dinner. Overnight in riad.
- 29/12/2019: Marrakech – Ait-Ben-Haddou – Ouarzazate – Dadès
- After breakfast departure with the driver/guide from your riad/hotel in Marrakech passing through the mountains of the Grande Atlas up to the Tizi n'Tichka at an altitude of 2,260 m (the highest mountain pass of the Atlas). You will then continue south to get to the kasbah of Ait-Ben-Haddou declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco, where you will make a short visit. The journey will continue in the direction of Ouarzazate, located in the Dades Valley, expanded in the twenties by the French as a military and administrative centre. Near the town are Atlas Film Corporation Studios, the “Cinecittà” of Morocco, where several films set in the desert were and are still being shot. The journey will continue to the Dadès Valley through the Valley of Roses, famous for the cultivation of damask rose from which the essence is extracted for the production of many cosmetics. We will visit the Gorges of Dades. Dinner and overnight in riad.
- 30/12/2019: Dadès – Gorges of the Todra – Erfoud – Merzouga
- After breakfast departure from the Dadès Valley and continuation towards the Gorges of the Todra. We will continue towards the city of Erfoud located at the gates of the desert, also called the city of fossils, for the territory rich in fossil stones. Arrival in the afternoon in the village of Merzouga. Dinner and overnight in riad.
- 31/12/2019: Merzouga – Erg Chebbi – Merzouga
- After breakfast departure from the village of Merzouga to discover the dunes of Erg Chebbi where you will be able to see and photograph unique landscapes, during the road a short visit will be made to the nomadic families who live in the area in the middle of nowhere. Continue to the Village of Khamlia inhabited by black populations originating from Mali, Senegal and Mauritania where you can attend a concert of gnawa music. Short visit to the Mifiss mines and return to the riad/hotel in Merzouga. Before sunset, departure by dromedary to reach the Berber tents also called "Haima" where dinner will be served under the stars and where you will listen to the traditional Berber music played with the percussion. Overnight at the tented camp superior category.
- 01/01/2020: Merzouga – Ziz Valley – Ifrane - Fès
- Wake up at dawn to witness the sunrise in the middle of the dunes, return by dromedary to the riad where breakfast will be served and you can take a hot shower. After a short stop in the direction of Fès crossing the Ziz Valley, we will then continue to Ifrane, nicknamed the "Little Switzerland" and located at over 1700 m altitude, a short stop at Azrou where you can see the Barbary apes who live in the lush forests of cedars and oaks. Arrival in the evening in Fès. Free dinner. Overnight in riad.
- 02/01/2020: Fès
- Fès is considered the true stronghold of the culture and identity of Morocco, located in the bottom of a fertile valley about 350 m above sea level. The old city, with its markets and mosques, is considered one of the most attractive centres of the entire Islamic world. Among the major cities of Morocco, Fès is the oldest of the four Imperial Cities and owes this prestige to its secular political prevalence and the importance of its ancient university on culture and art. After breakfast departure with the official guide and the driver for the discovery of the city, Fès is divided into New Town, ie the imperial city built starting from 1200 where are the station, the Royal Palace and the Jewish quarter, the Old Town or Medina, the oldest walled part of Fès, a real labyrinth of narrow streets with markets of all kinds and the Ville Nouvelle, the area where you will find restaurants, bars, cafes and bookshops. We will visit the Madrasa Bou Inania, the Al Karaouine Mosque (closed to non-Muslims), the Medersa Attarine, the Najjarine square famous for its magnificent fountain decorated with mosaics, the Mausoleum of Moulay Idriss and the tombs of the Merenids, We will then reach the famous tanneries in Fès and visit a pottery factory. Return in the afternoon. Free dinner. Overnight in riad.
- 03/01/2020: Fès
- Accompaniment by the driver to Fès airport for the return and end of our service.
- Optional extension to Chefchaouen / 03/01/2020: Fès – Volubilis – Meknes – Chefchaouen
- After breakfast, departure for Volubilis, the most famous Roman archaeological site in Morocco and included in the list of World Heritage Sites by UNESCO, a brief visit to the city. We will then proceed to Meknes, again for a brief visit, the most recent and modest of the four Imperial Cities, it was the capital of Morocco under the reign of Moulay Ismail inb Sharif. Its name derives from a Berber tribe, called Miknasa, in medieval Arab sources. It is also known as the Versailles of Morocco or city of a hundred minarets. In addition to the souks, not as big as those of Fès or Marrakech but equally interesting and lively, this city is full of beautiful buildings, beautiful gardens, houses with balconies in the Jewish quarter, narrow alleys of the old mellah. Late afternoon arrival in Chefchaouen, the city is called the "Blue Pearl" because all the buildings, doors, windows, fountains and streets are painted in different shades of blue. The city was considered sacred for centuries and foreigners were even forbidden to enter. Only recently, in the 1950s, things have changed and the city has become a tourist destination that few people still know. The medina is a maze of narrow streets colored in blue and the motif is purely religious and not aesthetic. Inhabited by Berber peoples, it was founded by Spaniards who came from Andalusia, which is why the old part of the city resembles Andalusian villages with narrow streets and walls full of flowers. Most of its inhabitants today still speak Spanish. In the center of the old town you will see the Square of Outa-el-Hammam where the Tarik-Ben-Ziad mosque is located, which hides an octagonal-based minaret inspired by the Torre de Oro in Seville and a splendid fortress. The new city is built lower down. Free dinner. Overnight in riad.
- 04/01/2020: Chefchaouen – (Fès o Tangeri)
- Accompaniment by the driver to Fès or Tangier airport based on flight times for the return and end of our service.
- pick-up at your hotel/riad
- transport by minibus depending on the number of people with air conditioning
- guide-driver of great experience speaking Spanish, English, Italian
- fuel, tolls and associated taxes
- half board treatment as scheduled
- excursion in dromedary
- airline tickets
- entrance tickets to historical monuments
- optional health insurance (recommended)
- everything not expressly indicated
All our tours are private and customizable according to your needs, please contact us if the proposed itinerary does not meet your needs and we will build together a tailor-made trip for you.